BULLITT COUNTY SCHOOL BREAKS
School-Age Child Care programs offer continuous care during school breaks, including in-service and snow days, Spring Break, Fall Break, Winter Break and Summer Camps. In addition to our usual before-school and after-school activities that encourage academic enrichment, building self-esteem, healthy snacks and physical activity, we also have engaging theme-based activities and we take fun field trips during school breaks.
Winter Break registration will open in mid-November. Spring Break and Summer Day Camp registration will open in February. For more details on child care for school breaks, please call 502.543.3985.
When school is out, the Y is here! Children from kindergarten through middle school are invited to join our special Winter Break program! Everyone will learn, create, make new friends, take fun field trips and enjoy daily theme-based activities focused on artistic creativity and self-expression.
Note: There is no camp December 24-25 or January 1.
WINTER BREAK CAMP LOCATIONS
- Cedar Grove
- Pleasant Grove
- December 20: Stage One: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- December 27: Kazoing Place Place
- January 3: Gheens Planetarium
Facility Members: $30 per child per day
Program Members: $30 per child per day
- Current participants may sign up online through December 17, at your current child care site or by calling 502.543.3985.
- New participants may sign up online through December 17 or by submitting a registration form to the Bullitt County Family YMCA. Please allow 2 business days to process new registration forms.
- Please be sure to review the rates listed above. Automatic bank/credit card drafts will occur on Wednesday, December 19 for Week 1, Wednesday, December 26 for Week 2, and Wednesday, January 2 for Week 3. If you need to make any adjustments to your child's registration, please contact the Bullitt County Family YMCA at 502.543.3985 by 6:30 pm on Monday, December 17. We are unable to offer refunds or credits after December 17.
- We are available for your child care needs from 6 am-6 pm. A late fee of $1 per minute per child may be charged for pick up after 6 pm.
- Please provide a sack lunch each day.
- Your child will enjoy healthy morning and afternoon snacks, daily themes and activities, and field trips.
- Please provide a signed field trip permission form for each child attending. We value your child's safety; therefore, children are not to be dropped off at a field trip location. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early on field trip days.
- Please make sure your child dresses appropriately for field trips, and wears tennis shoes each day.